6/21/23

A Watch Story

Today, as I head to my weekend job I cant help but stare at my new watch. This I thought was one of worthy stuff I have purchased to date. But all of a sudden, it reminded me of my father who passed on a decade ago.

During one of his birthdays, I gifted him a watch. Nothing special about the watch - it was a fashion watch so to speak. Fossil to be specific. He was over the moon about it and would use it almost every single day.

But one day, he came home drunk (most of you know the fact that he loved drinking), without the watch. We were mad at him thinking he did not value the present I gave. He confessed he pawned it, and he couldnt tell the reason why.

After a few days, we redeemed the watch and later found out that he used the money as his share for his friend’s hospital bill.

Tatay, wherever you are, I know you are happy shining down on us. I wish you were alive so I could gift you a better watch, and more perhaps. Happy Father’s Day! And I love and miss you.


-This was originally posted on my FB on 21JUN2020

No comments: